Removal of the gallbladder in Kiev
Indications for cholecystectomy
Stones in the gallbladder provoke painful cramps, indigestion, bouts of vomiting and nausea, and can block the outflow of bile. Concrements practically do not dissolve, lead to exacerbation of cholelithiasis. This is the main indication for their laparoscopic removal in a minimally invasive way.
- in the following situations:
- acute cholecystitis, no more than 3 days from the moment of exacerbation;
- chronic (calculous) type of gallstone disease, if drug therapy does not work;
- choledocholithiasis - stones in the bile duct;
- cholesterosis - the accumulation of cholesterol on the walls of the bladder;
- polyps with a thin leg with vessels and a size of 1 cm.
Laparoscopic surgery is indicated in the absence of active inflammation in the gallbladder, stable contractile function of the organ. Diagnostics during preparation should exclude adhesive disease, congenital anatomical pathologies in the structure of the organ. In such situations, the operation is assigned in an open manner.
Free consultation 24/7
Preparing for laparocystectomy
Before the procedure, the patient is prescribed a series of examinations to assess the general state of health and draw up a plan for the operation:
- general and clinical blood test;
- urine test;
- Ultrasound of the abdominal organs.
In each case, the doctor determines the scope of research individually, depending on the complaints, stage and history of the disease, expressed symptoms.
Before removing the gallbladder, doctors recommend:
- cleanse the intestines with laxatives (as prescribed by a doctor);
- refrain from eating food in the evening, at least 8 hours;
- do not drink water 4 hours before surgery;
- warn the surgeon about medications, possible allergies.
The center's specialists conduct a preliminary consultation in Kiev, where the patient can ask questions of interest about the rules of preparation.
Operation progress: main stages
The modern Olympus VISERA 4K equipment allows you to carry out the procedure in just 50 minutes. The operation takes place in several stages:
- anesthesiologist gives anesthesia to the patient;
- the surgeon prepares the working field, treats the skin with an antiseptic;
- makes punctures no more than 1 cm wide;
- injects carbon dioxide into the abdominal cavity, which is necessary for the camera to work and a good view;
- using special laparoscopic instruments, gently removes the gallbladder, extracting it through the umbilical foramen;
- applies inconspicuous seams.
During laparoscopic surgery, a camera is constantly used to track every movement of the surgeon. This eliminates errors and improves the quality of the specialist's work. After healing, mini-punctures are almost invisible on the skin, and the risk of postoperative complications and secondary infections is reduced.
Benefits of Cholecystectomy
The technique is a recognized standard in the treatment of pathologies and inflammation of the gallbladder. A high-precision video system gives a high-resolution image, visualizes the structure of the bubble, the slightest deviations in the structure. The use of electrodes and strong clips as a clamp eliminates internal bleeding, accelerates the patient's recovery.
Benefits of gallbladder removal by cholecystectomy:
- punctures reduce the risk of inflammation in case of infection before and after surgery;
- damage and blood loss are minimized, recovery takes place without pain and spasms;
- the need for strong painkillers decreases, puncture treatment takes a minimum of time;
- the rehabilitation period is shortened.
After a low-traumatic operation, practically no scars remain on the anterior abdominal wall. The patient does not need to remove the stitches: he stays in the hospital of the center under the supervision of doctors for no more than 1-2 days.
Rehabilitation after removal of the gallbladder
The patient can rise and move within 5-6 hours after the operation, drink water. To avoid complications, the first meal is prescribed the next morning. Further recovery takes place at home under the supervision of a gastroenterologist. You can return to work and normal life in 10-14 days.
For quick and successful rehabilitation you need:
- strictly follow the diet prescribed by the attending physician;
- take medication to improve digestion, antibiotics or antispasmodics;
- observe the daily regimen, reduce physical activity and stress;
- do not lift weights.
If necessary, the doctor prescribes physiotherapy procedures. If all recommendations are followed, rehabilitation takes up to 1 month.
Treatment of cholecystitis in the center, cost
Laparoscopic surgery in our Kiev center has many advantages:
- treatment without pain and discomfort;
- operation with the modern Olympus VISERA 4K system;
- an integrated approach to diagnosis and therapy;
- a high level of qualifications of doctors and medical personnel (experience in conducting such operations for more than 20 years);
- numerous patient reviews confirming the quality of the work;
- comfortable conditions for treatment and hospital stay;
- high-precision diagnostic equipment;
- affordable prices.
For more information on the treatment of cholecystitis, make an appointment for a consultation or find out the price of laparocystectomy , please call the contact numbers listed on the website.